- Take a walk in a wild place with your family or circle members.
- Bake cored apples filled with butter and cinnamon as a special treat.
- Create decorations for your front door out of colored leaves, pine cones, nuts, acorns and Indian Corn bundles. Or dip colorful leaves in melted paraffin wax for altar decorations that may be enjoyed even after the celebration or attach to a wreath for your head
- Honor the birds and small animals in the wilderness or by your home by making a bird feeder filled with seeds and grain.
- Look at your family habits and figure out what you can do to improve your conservation habits. Can you use less water or recycle more of your garbage?
- Go through your garden, tending it, thanking the plants and flowers for their abundance, harvesting whatever is ready-try collecting seeds of non-hybridized plants for next year
- Make a mandala of seeds and grains on the ground, an offering of the Mother’s gifts to the animals and birds; infuse it with specific magick that will be released as the seeds are consumed or scattered.
- Share your abundance…collect a basket of goodies from your garden or pick up a few extras when shopping at a local farmer’s market to share with a neighbor who has no garden, or who has had a rough year; gather donations of food and/or clothing for a favorite charity.
- Arrange baskets of fresh fruit and baked goods for friends or family
- Fill a basket with pine cones, fruits, colorful dried leaves, wheat, acorns, and fallen pine branches and leave it by your altar or door
- Cook up a Mabon soup with carrots, onions, potatoes, radishes, and/or corn
Adapted by Akasha Ap Emrys
Autumn colors of red and gold
As I close my eyes tonight
Such a wonder to behold
I feel the God/dess hold me tight
Watch leaves turning one by one
Though it grows dark, I shall not fear
Captured bits of Autumn Sun
For Divine Love protects all here
Soon they’ll fall and blow away
Through the night, until the morn
The golden treasures of today
When the shining Sun’s reborn
When the trees are bare
Time to sleep, time to dream
And the ground grows cold
Till warm gold rays upon me stream
These warm memories
I’ll still hold.
Only by being the best version of yourself can you give the world what it desperately needs. #Wicca can teach confidence,love and curiosity.
Check out @Cameron_Brant’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cameron_Brant/status/501586503793774592